Tiffany and I (and Junior) just got back from a trip to San Antonio. The Bumgarner clan was headed down there for vacation and asked us if we wanted to tag along. We have been wanting to look around down there and jumped at the chance.
We both worked Friday morning and left Abilene about 12:30. We had to drop Sam off at doggie jail along the way, but made it to our hotel by 4:30 (Highly recommended hotel by the way). Aunt Lynn and Uncle David stopped by our room bearing gifts shortly after we arrived. Here is our first baby gift, some newborn getup from Aunt Lynn.
Next, Aunt Lynn gave Tiffany a gift from Grandma Shearhart: the littlest socks ever made.
Jennifer and David stopped by shortly thereafter and gave Tiffany a great baby blanket. Unfortunately, we didn't get a picture for whatever reason. Sorry Jennifer! It was a pretty sweet blanket though.After our Christmas in August we headed off down toward the River Walk for supper. Here is Tiffany posing.
We went and ate at a restaurant called Boudros Friday night and it was outstanding! One of my coworkers mentioned earlier in the week that the blackened prime rib was excellent at Boudros, so I was excited when I heard where we would be eating. The blackened prime rib was indeed great and Tiffany had some grilled mahi-mahi that was also very good. After supper we got ice cream at Marble Slab and walked around the River Walk a bit. We got back to the motel around 10:00 for some much appreciated shut-eye.On Saturday, we got up and headed to Sea World around 9:00. It opened at 10:00 and we stayed until 5:00. It was very hot (a little over 100 all day) and seemed much hotter on the asphalt with 30,000 people milling around. We started with an acrobat show with lots of divers and dolphins that was great. After that, we went and watched some sea lions. Here is the venue.
We rode a couple roller coasters and ate lunch after the sea lion show while waiting for the 4:00 Shamu show. We got to the Shamu show around 3:10 and it was already filling up. By 3:30, the place was mostly full. By 3:45 there were folks standing all over the place. I don't know how many people were there, but it was probably several thousand. Here are a few pictures showing all of the people and just how big Shamu is.

We went back to the hotel after Sea World and got all cleaned up to head back out on the town. We ate at Paesano's on Saturday night and it too was wonderful. After the girls did a little bit of shopping at a Life is Good store we headed to the Menger Hotel to have a drink in the bar where Teddy Roosevelt recruited the Rough Riders.
Again we got back to the hotel around 10:30 after a full day. On Sunday morning, we walked over to the Alamo to look around. Here are quite a few pictures. This is from the courtyard area looking in.
And this is from the courtyard area looking out.
Here is a picture of a monument telling the Alamo story. You can enlarge the picture and read it by clicking on it.
Here is Davey Crockett's monument.
Here is a picture of Tiffany and I enjoying the Alamo.
Lastly, here are all of the "kids" sitting outside of the Menger Hotel across the street from the Alamo.
We had a wonderful time in San Antonio and I'd recommend visiting to anyone. We stayed busy from the time we got there to the time we left and truly enjoyed every second of it. Many thanks to the Bumgarners for letting us tag along!


6 comments:
Looks like so much fun. I'm so jealous. Especially that you saw Shamu. Miss you guys. I love you and the Bums!
Looks like a lot of fun. Glad you had a good time!
Tiffer, is that a red NEAFS shirt? If so, I like it!
Hey, remember the Alamo?? ;-)
Love you guys, and SO enjoyed having time to spend with you.
Looks like a great time! I'm glad you got to go. I mean, I'm glad now that I'm done pouting about it! I loved San Antonio when we went and hope to get the chance to go again. Love you all!
So glad we got to spend some time together! We had a great time hanging out. Hopefully the temper-tantrums of Fin weren't TOO scary!
Post a Comment