Ella's getting older!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jack's getting older!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

Where to start...

I guess I'll start with the pregnancy. That's all anyone cares about anyway. Tiffany is still feeling bad, but seems to be slowly getting better. Her appetite is coming back and she even ate some chicken tonight for supper. She is now 10 weeks along and our baby is better than an inch tall. We are getting very excited for junior to come along and we're still 30 weeks out.

Still on the Tiffany topic -- she accepted a new job last Friday! Tiffany will be working as a masters level psychologist at the Abilene State School. I don't really know a lot about the position so she'll have to post up some information. All I know is no more police interviews, state benefits, and a big ol' fat pay raise.

Next up, we went to Dodge City this last weekend for Mike Dulin and Danielle White's wedding. It was about a 6.5 hour drive from Abilene and we had a good old time. There were plenty of good people to hang out with and lots of folks that I hadn't seen in a long time. We even got to meet up with Tiffany's Grandparents, Aunt and Uncle, her cousin and his son. It was a great trip, but the drive home wasn't a whole lot of fun.

Today we went and got a new bed. We have been sleeping on a broken queen-size bed that is directly on the floor. We kept saying we'd get a new bed soon, just haven't done it. Well, the hotel we stayed at in Dodge City had a big old comfortable king-size bed and it kind of sealed the deal. We'll be able to sleep in our new bed next Monday or Tuesday night. By the way, beds cost way more than just mattress. We had to get a new comforter, new sheets, new mattress pad, new pillows, and eventually a new headboard. On a positive note, the bed salesman was willing to bargain a bit so we got a decent deal.

Lastly, I finally got my knives today! This first one is a hunter style made from one of Grandpa Neely's files and a piece of his firewood.


This next one is a skinner design and was made from one of Grandpa Jay's files and a piece of mesquite from our backyard.


These knives are great looking and feel great in the hand. I can't wait to get them out in the field this deer season. By the way, it turns out the guy that made them for me will be Tiffany's boss at her new job. Small world I guess.

4 comments:

Lynn Bumgarner said...

Tiffany, congratulations on your new job! Ben, love the new knives...and how smart it was of Tiffany to go to work for the guy who makes them ;-)
Glad to hear that Baby Neely is giving the poor little mama a break...hope it continues.

Love you 3!

Mom said...

I love hearing all about everything, even though I usually get it by phone or text first! Thanks for the update! Love you three!

Ben said...

You all keep mentioning you love us three, but as far as I can tell there are four of us. What about Sam?

Kate said...

I love you FOUR!

...poor Sam :(