Ella's getting older!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jack's getting older!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Baby Belly: 18 Weeks


Yesterday Ben and I went to the doctor. These visits pretty much consist of them weighing me, taking my blood pressure, taking a urine sample, listening to the baby's heartbeat, and answering any questions that we may have. The baby's heart rate was 152. A month ago it was 165 and before that it was 177. So feel free to guess about the gender! My blood pressure was slightly elevated so Dr. Mascorro wants to do some additional testing. She was very direct though that she is not concerned. Next Monday we go see Dr. Mayberry for an ultrasound. I can't wait to see what the baby looks like this time. Not like a gummy bear I hope!

As I was walking to get some lunch today at 12:30 I felt a good thump on my left side. I thought that it might be the baby but it was pretty high up. I asked a nurse and she said that it was very possibly a baby kick. I felt some flutters a few weeks ago, but this was a distinct thump (I am thinking it was a foot). The first of many thumps to come I am sure.

Note: That bump in the picture is not my belly button, it is the button on my jeans.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

But I LIKED my little gummi-bear niece/nephew! :) Tiff, you look fantastic. I'm so happy for you guys.

Lynn Bumgarner said...

I love this picture of you...you look wonderful, and I love the baby bump. So fun that you are feeling HER (my guess!) do flips and kicks now. This is an adventure. Thanks for sharing!

Love you!

P.S. I was actually pondering if it would be rude to ask if that was your belly button...thanks for clearing that up!

Mom said...

Tiffany, you look beautiful! I am probably going to be one of those rude people who insists on patting and rubbing your tummy, so I will apologize in advance! But it is my grandbaby I am loving on, as well as you! :) Thanks for sharing!

Mom and Dad said...

Tiffany - how cute are you??!! You sure DO have a "baby bump". It's exciting that the baby is starting to kick and flip. Hope the blood pressure goes down. I'm sure it will.

Love you all!

Mom & Dad

Oh yeah and thanks for the belly button explanation - I was like WOW! already??

Kate said...

Tiff, you look fantastic!! I can't wait to see you (and HIM! ohhh yeah, I'm thinking it's a Him) :D

Finian and Isabel's Mama said...

Awwww... baby kicks! I love that! It made me tear up a little bit. Of course, diaper commercials make me cry right now, so it's really not saying much. I can't wait to see that cute little baby belly in a few weeks. I'll try to be discreet, but I'm going to have to at least do a little tummy pat:-) PS - I'm still leaning toward PINK!

Chelsea said...

You have a baby belly!!! I just can't wait to meet my nephew!! You look so good. It is so fun to feel the baby kick. I always thought it felt like popcorn popping in my tummy when Baron really got to moving.
P.S. Just so everyone reading this knows I had a dream that Tiff's doctor came to my mom and dad's house. The doctor told my dad and I that Tiff did not want to know what she was having, but it was a boy! So I am completely convinced that I have a little nephew on the way!

Anonymous said...

Awe look at your lil belly bump!! too cute!
Miss ya!
Danie