Ella's getting older!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jack's getting older!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It's a Boy!

Ben and I went to the doctor today. I am 33 weeks exactly. My doctor had said that after 32 weeks she would do a sonogram to see if the baby is a boy or girl. At 415 we had the appointment. Around 5pm she did the sonogram and said without question we are having a boy. He was very proud of his parts this time. Shortly after that sje told us that we needed to go to the hospital for 6 hours to be monitored for high blood pressure. When the nurse took my first pressure it was 140/82 with a regular cuff. She then took it was a larger cuff and it was 122/82. The 140 was the problem. Ben's mom, Judy, was with Ella so we told her to stay put and headed to the hospital.
My blood pressure has been fairly high, but the last 2 pressures have been under 140. If 50% or more are lower than 140/90 then i can go home tomorrow morning. If not, then I am here until I am 37 weeks.
We are so lucky to have family close to watch Ella and Sam. Here's hoping I get to go home tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kate said...

SO EXCITED to have another nephew! Congratulations to you both :) I am glad you are feeling better, Tiff. Love you all tons!

Tiffany said...

Ten gold stars to Kate for the comment!

Lynn Bumgarner said...

Kate always beats me to the gold stars ;-) We are so excited to add another little boy to the family...all of a sudden boys now out number the girls!