Ella's getting older!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jack's getting older!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 2, 2012

Videos and Potty Training

We have taken several videos over the past few months that never made it to the blog. Here are a few to enjoy.

Mermaid Noises from Ben Neely on Vimeo.


Ella making "mermaid noises" with Aunt Chelsea. Silly girls!

A Talk with Ella 17 months from Ben Neely on Vimeo.


A video of Ella when we first moved here, but before I started working. She was so little! It is amazing how much she has changed in such a short amount of time.

And Here are 2 of Jack in the last week. He is growing, cooing, and smiling. I love seeing his personality. It is so much fun when they start to give back a little.

Hanging Out 2 months from Ben Neely on Vimeo.

Jack Activity Mat from Ben Neely on Vimeo.



In other news, Ella has started potty training. Occasionally she will ask us if she can "pee pee in the potty". She does this mostly because she now knows that if she goes, she will get a sucker. The first time she actually used the toilet was completely by accident. Ben had taken her diaper off and was in the process of getting a new one when she started grunting and said, "I poop." Ben grabbed her, turned her upside down, and ran to the bathroom. She was half finished with the job and it pretty much just fell into the toilet, but we praised her anyway. The next night I asked if she would like to try and this was the result.
You can barely see it, but she pooped in the potty again. Anyone that has changed Ella's poopy diaper knows that she can do better than that :-) Yesterday, she had a dry diaper all day with the exception of nap time. She initiated the toileting once and I asked her if she needed to go the rest of the times. I would say that we are well on our way, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is a month or more before she is wearing panties full time.

We had thought that the daycare searches were over, but we were wrong. Last week I enrolled Jack in the Parsons State Hospital Child Care Center and Ella started at Lindsay's. This weekend Lindsay called to tell me that they were moving back to Wisconsin unexpectedly. This is a great opportunity for her family so I can't be mad, but I am certainly disappointed. We really just want Ella to have some stability and it wrecks her a little each time we change her routine and daycare provider. The hope right now is to get her back in a day care center here in Independence. I am making those calls today. The good news is that both of the centers here in town are way south and very close to our new home. In the long run I think we will be happy for that.

No comments: