Ella's getting older!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jack's getting older!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

New House..Again

We are settled into our new house at 1902 Hillside Dr. We love it! There are lots of things that we would like to do to make it ours, but for now it is perfect the way it is. Here is a virtual tour so you can see what it looks like. Sorry about the bad angles and what not...I am not the best camera person.



Ella continues to grow and impress us with her wits. She is talking so much. She can tells stories now and knows her alphabet, the letters, their sounds, and can count to 11 if we help her get started (after "5" she really takes off). When we moved into the new house she claimed to see a monkey in her room. It seemed friendly enough and she would tickle it and talk about it frequently. There have been three nights recently that she has waken up screaming and trying to get out of her room. The next morning when asked why she woke up, she has responded, "The monkey scared me, " or "the monkey tickled me". CREEPY! I thought the curtains in her room were the problem as they had a brown patten on the that looked somewhat like the barrel of monkey silhouette. When I switched the curtains out, Ella and I took the monkey to the tree just off the back porch. I explained that the monkey could live in the tree. That he would like to play and sleep there, but that he could not come back inside. She was a little upset about putting him outside, but let me do it. She slept perfectly for a week. Then on Saturday night the monkey made a reappearance. This time we put him in the trees at the edge of the property. Hopefully, he will stay out there. After all, there are lots of other critters for the monkey to play with. Ben and Sam have seen a couple of deer walking through the yard in the evening. Just last night, Ella and I were sitting on our bed and she was looking out the window. She said, "Mommy, what's that?...A TURKEY!" And sure enough there were 2 adult turkeys and 7 babies. They walked along our back fence and into the side yard before going into the woods. So cute!



 Her first Haircut. I just trimmed her bangs.



Jack is getting so big. At his 4 month check up he weighed 15lbs 4 oz and was 26 inches long. He is getting more tolerant of tummy time. He is able to reach for and grab things that he wants and usually puts them straight in his mouth. He found his toes about a week ago and this weekend decided that they are perfect for sucking. I wish he would suck his thumb instead, but what can you do?

He also learned to roll from his back to his tummy on Saturday (June 16th).
He is sleeping pretty well. Usually he only wakes up once or twice. Usually he sleeps from 8pm to 3:30am, eats, and goes right back to sleep until 6:30 when he eats again and can be easily convinced to go back to sleep. We tried rice cereal for the first time a two weeks ago. I gave it to him 3 times in the evenings. On Friday he was grumpy and seemed to be gassy and have tummy discomfort. I decided to hold off. He pooped that Saturday and then didn't poop again until the following Thursday (5 days later!). Of course we were at the Vet's office and it was all over me. He had a few little squirts of poop after that, but not a full diaper until today (Tuesday, 5 days later). Let's just say I made up for not using many diapers wipes those 5 days he didn't poop.




1 comment:

Lynn Bumgarner said...

Love seeing all the new pictures, and reading the saga of the crazy monkey! We are not able, however, to view the videos. Any suggestions? Love you all...