With the two deer I shot in Kansas in September, I now have four on the year. I may chase another when I visit the inlaws over Thanksgiving, but only if they want the meat. Tiffany and I still have quite a bit of meat left from the two Kansas deer I got in September. My boss wants to trade some homemade wine for a deer, so I'll butcher one in the morning and give it to him. The other one I got tonight, I'll cut the steaks out, maybe keep a roast or two, and have the rest ground. Anyway, enjoy the pics.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Got a couple of deer
Rifle season for deer started here in Nebraska on Saturday, November 15. Unfortunately, I was in Manhattan watching KSU take their most embarrassing whipping of the season. I went out hunting tonight with a co-worker to a public patch of land about seven miles from our apartment. About 4:30 I saw a deer, but it had antlers so I couldn't shoot it. Not long after two deer came out of the timber and stopped about 200 yards in front of me. I made a good shot and got my first Nebraska deer of the season. The other ran off about 20 yards and stopped so I harvested it as well. I was fortunate enough to fill both of my antlerless permits in one hunt.
With the two deer I shot in Kansas in September, I now have four on the year. I may chase another when I visit the inlaws over Thanksgiving, but only if they want the meat. Tiffany and I still have quite a bit of meat left from the two Kansas deer I got in September. My boss wants to trade some homemade wine for a deer, so I'll butcher one in the morning and give it to him. The other one I got tonight, I'll cut the steaks out, maybe keep a roast or two, and have the rest ground. Anyway, enjoy the pics.

With the two deer I shot in Kansas in September, I now have four on the year. I may chase another when I visit the inlaws over Thanksgiving, but only if they want the meat. Tiffany and I still have quite a bit of meat left from the two Kansas deer I got in September. My boss wants to trade some homemade wine for a deer, so I'll butcher one in the morning and give it to him. The other one I got tonight, I'll cut the steaks out, maybe keep a roast or two, and have the rest ground. Anyway, enjoy the pics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Poor bambis. I know they are varmin, but I still always feel a little bad for them.
I don't feel bad for them at all.
I'm glad you get to hunt, Ben, because I know you enjoy it. But I'm like Jessica...even though I know we are WAY overrun with the darn things, (5 or 6 accidents reports in the paper every day!) I still feel a little bad for them.
Love you! Aunt Lynn
I just like seeing your pretty smile! :) I am your mom, after all!
I'm just glad you got Bambi AND his mom. I always hated that Bambi was left all by his lonesome:-( Made me cry...
Post a Comment