Ella's getting older!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jack's getting older!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Catfishin'

So normally we just post tons of pictures of Ella. I enjoy posting them as much as you all enjoy looking at them, but today here's something different. I went fishing this evening and picked up five blue catfish. The first two were in the 4-6-pound range (I didn't weigh them). The third went 14 pounds and the fourth and fifth were 22 and 23 pounds. It was a good night for fishing.





I knew that there was a fish on one line so I recorded myself trying to pull it in. It just happened that there were two fish on the line (see above picture). Both fish were bigger than my previous personal best (21-pounder) that Tiffany's Dad and I caught a couple of weeks ago! In the video you can only see one fish because I turned off the camera when I realized there were two fish on there. Sorry for the poor quality -- it was a difficult one-man task. If anyone wants to come help, please feel free! Enjoy!

Catfishin' from Ben Neely on Vimeo.

And a token Ella picture.


6 comments:

Jessica said...

That didn't look like rod and reel fishing...did you have lines put out? Also,what's in the mouth of that top catfish? It looks like 2 legs!

Ben said...

Not rod and reel -- I was using jug lines. That orange thing is my catfish holder. Makes it so their teeth don't rip up my knuckles.

Tammy Denton said...

WOW! Ben - awesome catches! Mark will be soooo...jealous. :)

Lynn Bumgarner said...

Wow, those catfish are ugly things...but so delicious! And Ella is beautiful and so delicious! (Can't WAIT to see all of you next week!!!)

Rockman2475 said...

Finally, something Rockman can relate to. It's been a while. Jug fishing looks almost as fun as shooting deer...(this is when you post dead deer pics)

Mom said...

I liked looking at my granddaughter a lot more than looking at the fish. But the fish pictures entertained me as well :)