We had been talking with our friends, the Bennetts, about getting a weekend getaway together for quite some time. After looking around a bit, we decided to rent a couple of cabins at Possum Kingdom State Park the weekend of June 10. Well, a fire hit the area this spring and damaged one of the cabins we had rented. After a little bit of scrambling, we decided to rent a house near Lake Whitney this last weekend (June 17). Unfortunately, Whitney is a popular destination and we couldn't find anywhere to stay that suited what we wanted. What we did find, however, was an awesome property located near Lake Aquilla.
We arrived on Friday around 3:00pm and got settled in. The Bennetts arrived that evening around 7:30 just in time for supper and a chance to visit and catch up. On Saturday, Anthony and I went fishing for a bit and everyone went for a drive to check out Lake Whitney, but other than that, we did a lot of sitting around, visiting, and relaxing.
All in all it was a great weekend with great friends at a great place.
Here I am sitting on the porch swing with Ella and Andrew.
Ella sure does like eating dirt these days.
Ella playing with all of the cool sticks and rocks.
A view of the house we rented and Anthony's smoker.
I like this picture because it looks like Ella is running real fast.
Such a pretty little girl.
Tiff and Ella getting a little quality time.
Anthony and I braved the 100+ temperatures and 30 mph wind to get out on Lake Aquilla. We even managed to boat two fish!
Ella didn't want her Daddy to be the only one tipping one back.
That's right, tipping one back.
A better view of Anthony's smoker. This thing is awesome!
Saturday's supper.
Lots of smoked chicken.
Ella likes to eat watermelon almost as much as she likes to eat dirt.
This is her "get in my face, watermelon" face.
Monday, June 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
That chicken looks sooo yummy!! I'm getting so excited to see you guys!!
Looks like a great time...a fun, easy vacation with babies!
Looks like you had a great time! We are ready for you all to get to KANSAS!!! Can't wait to see that little girl :))) Also, Ben that smoker looks alot like Mark's(just cleaner and more organized), how about you smoke us some chicken while you are here....I have 40 in the freezer! lol
Love the hat look, Ben - you look a little like Crocodile Dundee! And I, too, would like to order some smoked chicken legs. :)
You look like Dad in that hat. Just sayin'.
Post a Comment