Here is the view toward the back of the house. Again, all painted and ready.
Here is the crown molding that we have been arguing with the contractor over. Originally, the contractor had said that this couldn't be installed. Tiffany put her foot down and sure enough, now we have what we wanted. Tiffany has proven her worth several times by laying low and not saying much until there is something she really wants. Then she turns the stubborn, bad attitude on and it has worked well.
Here is a picture of me holding the mantle up next to our awesome fireplace. The cables above me are for the TV that will be mounted up there.
Here are a couple videos that will give a tour of the place. The first is about two minutes and the second is about one minute. Tiffany narrates throughout. Everything is painted (excluding final touch-ups) and the cabinets are stained. Next week we should get either counter tops, our tile floor, or both. We may also get all of our light fixtures. We should be three or four weeks from closing right now. We are very, very excited to get moved in to our first real home.
Now for the main reason for this post!!!!!
We need help picking out our carpet. These are the two colors we are considering. The one one the left (brown) will be wonderful for stain prevention. However, the one on the right (tan) is probably a better overall choice for aesthetics.
We really like the color of the tan sample. However, I'm afraid that with all of this red dirt, a rambunctious mutt with a brand new back yard, and the potential for some young kids one of these days, this color will really show stains.
We also like the brown sample, but are worried that it is too brown and will take over the room. The brown sample was generally favored by several of our friends that have lived here a bit with both kids and pets, but we're having a hard time committing to such a bold color choice. We have thought about using the brown in our master bedroom and living room (main traffic areas), but using tan in the hall and spare bedrooms. Anyway, take a look (click on the picture for a much larger version) and PLEASE let us know what you think. We are looking for opinions, so good or bad we want to hear it. We have to decide by Monday.
After you provide you carpet commentary, check back next week. We should have some cool new pictures of our tile and/or counters to post up.


7 comments:
The brown isn't nearly as dark as you made it out to be on the phone. I think the brown matches your wall paint a little better. The tan would definitely make the rooms seem bigger, but the brown just seems to match better. Is the brown darker or lighter than your living room furniture? Is there enough of a contrast that your furniture won't blend into the carpet?
Our coffee and end tables are quite a bit darker than the brown. Our couches are dark green so either color would match up with them just fine. Thanks for the input.
Then in that case, with everything else taken into consideration, I would go with the brown. You can decide after the rest of the clan checks in with their thoughts!
I like the dark brown. I think the light color is too close to the color of the walls, and might look boring.
I vote brown...because I like the idea of little Neelys running around! Your home is beautiful--roomy, airy, and homey. I love it. And I love you both. Good luck!
Here is what I think... I like the brown for an added color to the room.If you are never planning on painting a different color or if you are planning on sticking with brown tones I would choose the brown. I also like the tan. It goes well with the wall color and blends in. I think it would be easy to decorate with different color schemes if you went with the tan. For me, I would go with the tan. For the stain issues with dirt and kids the brown is going to be your best option I think. That is my input!
The decision is in. We are down with brown. Thank you all for providing comments and suggestions.
Post a Comment