Ella's getting older!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jack's getting older!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fishin' pics

Tiffany and I made it up north over an extended holiday weekend. We left Abilene Wednesday morning at 7:30 and rolled into Coffeyville right at 2:30. We were able to see the family, do some golfing (shot a 91), go swimming, eat with the grandparents, and generally just relax. Here's a picture of Jessica, Katelyn, and Amelia doing just that by the pool.


We left Coffeyville around 1:00 Friday afternoon and got to Tiffany's folks around 3:30. We sat around the pool for a bit and then headed down to the pond for some fishing. Tiffany's cousin Jake was the star of the show and really put on a clinic. This was his biggest fish of the evening and it was right at 19 inches.


Saturday was spent goofing around the house in the morning, hanging up a tree stand to deer hunt out of in the afternoon, and some more fishing that evening. Our friend Carla came down from Lincoln Saturday night and it was good to see her and be able to spend a little bit of time with her. On Sunday, Tiffany's Dad and I went fishing after lunch and Tiffany and Carla got sunburned by the pool. Carla, Tiffany, and I headed back down to the pond and caught a few fish before supper. Carla even caught a bluegill that was pushing 10 inches!


After supper, Tiffany, her parents, her brother, and I dug worms then headed back down to the pond for a couple hours. This was one of the best fishing trips I can remember having. Tiffany was using a bobber and grub worms and caught more big bluegill than I have ever seen. I bet she caught 10 bluegill that were better than 8 inches.







Here are a few of the bigger bass we caught that evening. Matthew has about an 18-incher, Mark has a 20-incher, and I caught a 21-incher.





9 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice fish! Did you catch any Hiodon?

Ben said...

The hiodon bite was slow that day. Maybe next time...

Did see several Dasypus though and a big ol' Neotoma about made me jump out of my shoes when I was loading wood.

Jessica said...

Several dasypus, huh? Were they alive or squished?

Good looking fish.

Ben said...

All squished.

Did you see the word and have to look it up?

Jessica said...

Hey, I"m a biology major...

:) I absolutely had to look it up!

Ben said...

I assume you looked up Neotoma as well then?

I swear this thing was 8" long sans tail. At least I knew there weren't any snakes living in there.

Mom said...

Well, I had to look up hiodon, dasypus, AND neotoma! And I consider myself to have a fairly extensive vocab! I am now smarter than I was 5 minutes ago. And btw....cool fish!

Jessica said...

I actually thought a Neotoma was a worm (nematode). Anyway, Neotomas totally freak me out, and I probably would have peed my pants if I saw one.

Mom said...

Pretty sure the plural of dasypus is dasypii. :)