Ella's getting older!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jack's getting older!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 27, 2009

A Visit From Kate and Judy!

Ben's Mom, Judy, and little sister, Kate, came to visit us this weekend. They arrived on Friday afternoon. Kate drove all the way from Oklahoma City, OK. Friday evening we stuck around the house, ate steak for dinner, and watched the scariest movie EVER, The Haunting in Connecticut. Ben and I had already seen it, but I still had a difficult time falling and staying asleep on Friday.

On Saturday we went shopping. Kate found the laptop of her dreams to take with her to college and Judy fell in love with a couple of the Netbooks at Best Buy. That evening, we went bowling and played arcade games at Primetime. When we got back to the house Kate showed us all that she is the best SkipBo player in the family (I taught her everything she knows).

On Sunday we had a very filling pancake breakfast and took it slow in the morning. Ben and Judy left the house to pick up a paper for Phil, but did not come back for a couple of hours. They came back with the computer that Kate had her eye on the day before. Kate was asleep on the couch so Judy just put the box on the floor next to her. It took Kate several minutes to discover the computer box next to her. She was very surprised! That afternoon we went to the Abilene Zoo. Kate fed the giraffes by hand and even let one lick her hand. We watched a rattlesnake shed its skin. Around closing time the lions started roaring. I think they knew it was almost feeding time. None of us had ever heard a lion roar in real life. If I heard that out in the wild I think that I could break some sprinting records. After going to the zoo, we headed back home for some dinner and another movie (Horsemen). This one was not so scary.

Kate and Judy left this morning and headed back to Coffeyville. I am so happy they came, but I miss them already.

On another note, they started construction today on a house right next to ours. I was thinking that the lot would be vacant for a little while longer, but I guess other families find backing up to a small mesquite forest attractive too.

3 comments:

Lynn Bumgarner said...

Thanks for this great account of your family togetherness...sounds like a great time, especially for Kate and her new dream computer! Love you.

Mom said...

Thanks for the account of our visit. It was a great time, with a great host and hostess! We miss you both!

Kate said...

I think you just let me win SkipBo because I sucked so bad at that advertising game!

I miss you guys so much already!

ps- I'm sending this comment via my new lap top :)