
Ella is 8 weeks old now. She will officially be 2 months old tomorrow. This weeks she has started to do lots of new things. She smiles constantly. Especially when people are talking to her and it doesn't matter if she knows them or not. It melts my heart every time. On Friday I was feeding her at daycare and telling her about how good breastmilk is for her development. She pulled away, smiled up at me, and said "ahgoo". It was precious. Since then, she is cooing more in response to us talking to her and I am convinced that she is just days away from laughing.

Ella is sleeping really well at night. I think she might be close to sleeping through the night. This week she became very congested, but not much is coming out of her nose. Her congestion has been waking her up at around 3am this week. I take her room and change her diaper (which is almost always dry), suck out her nose, and feed her. She goes right back to sleep and wakes up when the alarm goes of at 6:30. Ben has been getting her up and changing her, then I nurse her in bed. Most of the time she goes back to sleep until we leave for daycare. The picture below is one such morning.

These pictures are of Ella and I talking. She was smiling so big, but when we got out the camera she stopped.


Bathtime is still her favorite time of day. She just smiles and coos. Ben took this picture last night. Precious!

She was not so sure about the flash on the camera.
5 comments:
Ella is gettin so big! :) Such cute pictures! Miss ya!
Wow - these pictures make me so happy! I can't wait to see her again!
And I am pretty sure that "aghoo" means "thank you"! :)
Wow, those eyes! Thanks for this great post. We love hearing all the details of Miss Ella's busy life...and her parents'!
Love you all.
Wow! She's growing up fast! And getting really long too!!!
Post a Comment