Ella's getting older!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jack's getting older!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Day in the Life of Ella

Ella turned 6 weeks old yesterday so I decided to document a typical day. This day began at 7:30am. Ella usually wakes up happy and very alert. She had a diaper change, ate a little, and took a nap in her swing. At 9:30 she woke up, had another diaper change, and ate again. This picture below is her telling me that she is hungry. She also got dressed for the day.
This is a picture of her just after she finished eating. You can tell it was good, by the wet spot on her shirt.
After she finished eating she sat in her bouncy seat while I took a shower and got ready for the day. She just loves the little "Ella"phant that she got from the birthday club shower.
While I was getting ready she pooped through her diaper for the first time ever. What a mess!
All clean and ready to go have lunch with Dad.
Lunch at Chili's with her Dad.
After lunch I put her in her sling and did some housework and made cookies for Ben.
This is tummy time with Sam.
Hanging out with Mom.

Daddy is home!
But she still likes to be with her Mom.
At 8:30 we started taking a bath and getting ready for bed. Ella LOVES baths. She gets so calm and peaceful when I put her in the water.

After her bath we take a long time to put lotion on and get a little massage. After that we put on her pajamas and swaddle her. She eats, burps, and goes to bed for the night. She is still not sleeping through the night, but every night is a little better than the last. This particular night she ate at 9pm and fell asleep after that and only woke up at 2:45am! With me returning to work next week this would be perfect.
On another note, I went to my doctor today and got the ok to return to all of my normal activities. We took Ella with us to her doctor to drop off a form for daycare and we weighed her while there. She now weighs 10 1/2 pounds! She is getting so big.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Amelia doesn't sleep through the night yet, either. She goes to bed around 7 or 7:30, wakes up around 2:30, then wakes up for the day around 7. This will be your life for many more months!

I LOVE the picture of tummy time with Sam!

Mom said...

I absolutely love all these pictures, especially the last one (Miss Ella Big Eyes!) I am glad she likes her "Ella"phant! :) Peggy will be delighted to hear that! Love and miss you all!

Lynn Bumgarner said...

Tiffany, this is a great post! Love these pictures...Ella is just getting prettier by the day. I do love those chubby nursing babies! But, seriously...she is 6 weeks old and this is the FIRST time she has pooped through her clothes?? You are indeed living a charmed life, my friend.

Finian and Isabel's Mama said...

HAHAHAHA! First time pooping up the back. What a milestone to document! Our most recent gross "first" was projectile poop. Never, ever seen that before. It got all over me, Fin, the bedding, the floor... Fin was totally disgusted and promptly informed Isabel "poop in potty!" I wish I had taken a picture, but was laughing so hard it was all I could do to get a grossed out little boy into clean clothes! Wishing you many more firsts... and hope your first day back at work is relatively uneventful!

Erin and Anthony said...

I love the tummy time picture with Sam! Fur children are so sweet (as are human children)!!!