Ella's getting older!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jack's getting older!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beautiful Fireplace

The fireplace is complete. I imagine that the color will fade a little once the stone and mortar are dry. There will be a mantle where the lower set of wood blocks are. We reconsidered our interior paint color today. That has been the most difficult decision we have had to make so far. I think we have the right color this time. The workers might sand the walls then the next step is to texture them and paint.

Ben will be traveling to Lake Amistad this weekend for work. It is an impoundment of the Red River and straddles the Texas/Mexico border. He'll be staying in Del Rio on Sunday night and will be home Monday evening.


8 comments:

Jessica said...

I like the fireplace. What color did you guys decide for the interior?

Ben said...

A little brown, a little tan.

You can't tell on the computer, but here is the general idea.

http://www.myperfectcolor.com/Match-of-Valspar-3003-9C-Au-Lait-Ole-p/mpc0099145.htm

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I love that fireplace! The house already looks so different than when I saw it only two days ago!

Lynn Bumgarner said...

Wow--that is a beautiful fireplace! Is it gas, or woodburning?

Anonymous said...

The stone is awesome.

Ben said...

The fireplace is "real". There isn't even any gas in the neighborhood. Thanks for the kind comments.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the fireplace stone colors. I hope they DON'T fade! Everything is shaping up so nicely. Ben, since you made fun of me for wallpapering my kitchen, I changed my mind and am painting it. So there.

Mom said...

Uh....that last comment was from me, in case you didn't figure it out. I don't really need to remain Anonymous.