Ella's getting older!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jack's getting older!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 6, 2009

House Changes 3/6/09


Many changes have taken place this week at our new house. The wiring has started, the plumber, Heating and A/C guys were there, and the fence is going up.


This is a view from the kitchen to the living room. The TV will be mounted above the fireplace. Ben is standing near the entryway.


This is a picture of the kitchen from the living room. You can see where the bar will go. There will be four can lights in the kitchen. We have the option of putting a hanging light fixture about the bar, but we are not sure that we need it or want to ruin the open view.


This is the view from the entry way of the living room.


This is from the kitchen looking into the living room. If you look straight ahead, you can see the door to our bedroom.


This is the dining room.


This is the master bath. I am standing in the master bedroom taking the picture. The shower is in the middle. There will be a closet on each side of it. To the right is the bath tub with a window above it. To the left will be a room for the toilet. Two sinks will go on the wall in the middle.

This is the GIGANTIC window in the front bedroom. This window is about 9 feet tall. I love it. There is another window in this room as well.

6 comments:

Lynn Bumgarner said...

Your new home is shaping up to be a beautiful place for you two! Thanks for keeping us in the know about all the details. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the windows. Lots of bright Texas sunlight!

Anonymous said...

Skip the chandelier above the bar.

Maybe some track lighting if you want to be able to adjust it? Or maybe just a dimmer on the can lights? I dunno what I'd do.

Is your bedroom ceiling vaulted? If not, it can make your room feel bigger and it's probably not that big of a deal for your framer or finish carpenter to do.

Jessica said...

It looks fantastic. I know you guys can't wait for it to be done and to get moved in!

Ben said...

Much appreciated Wes. We did decide to skip the light above the bar and I think I have enough electrical savvy to include something down the road if want to go with some track lighting.

The bedroom ceiling is indeed vaulted and should be a big room. We tried to design the home with resale value in mind, but you never know what the consumer will desire several years from now.

Tammy Denton said...

We checked out the progress today on your house!! WOW it looks awesome. Love the big window on the front of the house. Cant' wait to see it when we come down over spring break. Missed you both last night @ Baron's 2nd Birthday party. He was so cute!