Ella's getting older!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jack's getting older!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 26, 2008

More pictures

Tiffany and I went out driving around a bit this afternoon to take in the sights. We started off by heading southeast toward Lake Coleman. We made it down there, but it was unspectacular at best. Just another reservoir. The drive was pretty good though. We took some county roads on the way home and drove right through the 'mountains'. Pretty cool scenery. We got home and were still bored, so we grabbed a camera and headed toward Lake Abilene. Here are a few pictures from the way there. We saw a live armadillo (the first one I'd seen since we got here), but couldn't get a picture.



We got to the lake, but the folks from TPWD put in a gate that required an access code. I don't have one of those yet, so we weren't able to drive down to the water. Here is a picture of the north side of the lake near the dam.


We took a road around to the southwest side of the lake and got a few pictures from that angle as well.



On the way back around the lake, we saw a whole bunch of dead pigs on the side of the road. We may have saw a live one, but it was too far away to tell for sure.



We started heading back to Abilene from the lake and drove through the town of Buffalo Gap. Tiffany saw a road she wanted to drive down so we headed down a red dirt road. Tiffany wanted a picture of a longhorn for her dad, and we were fortunate to find a batch of them right next to the road.



We were almost back to the highway and saw this deer right off the road. Unfortunately there was a lot of brush between it and us to get a good picture up close, but we drove down the road a ways and were able to get a picture.

8 comments:

Tammy Denton said...

Thanks for the pics of the longhorns Tiff, but Dad says he better stick to Black Angus - they are less poky!!

Lynn Bumgarner said...

Thanks for the tour! I'm glad you are feeling adventurous. Texas scenery (and wildlife!) is unique. Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Is that a button buck?

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting pics of texas! i can't wait to get back down there. it's too cold here! i miss you guys so much & love you even more!

Anonymous said...

I need to come back when I can take more of a tour. It was way too Christmas-time for me to concentrate on touring the area! I can't wait to get back there!

Anonymous said...

Plus....I want to see some live feral pigs.

Ben said...

Don't we all...

rruskamp said...

Are you sure that is how you really found those pigs.