Well, we finally arrived, got unpacked, and are getting settled here in Abilene. My folks and Kate came down to help us move and their assistance was very much appreciated. Tiffany, Kate, and my mom spent a lot of time getting everything cleaned up and organized when they weren't shopping. My dad and I got most everything unloaded from the truck and spent a lot of time driving around town. Because we aren't headed back for Christmas, we celebrated the holiday last night. I guess early is better than never. The family took off Sunday morning around 8:00 and should get back to Coffeyville around 4:00 or so.
Now for some of the major differences we have noticed in the last couple of days.
- I have been very impressed with the friendliness of the natives.
- There are more churches in Abilene than in the entire states of Kansas and Nebraska combined.
- Yesterday I wore shorts while the folks in Lincoln were watching it snow. Also, the predicted temperature on Christmas day is in the 60s. It is supposed to be 76 degrees the day after Christmas.
- We saw cotton fields between Wichita Falls, TX and Abilene.
- We saw road-killed feral pigs
- The water in reservoirs and ponds is as red as the dirt
- The Steamboat Mountains just south of town are way cooler than I expected
That's all I have for now. I'll post some pictures of the topography and terrain before too long. Merry Christmas to all!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Glad to hear; can't wait to see pics.
No Christmas with Ben and Tiffany... sad:-( We'll miss you, but your new place looks amazing!
Post a Comment