I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, but thank you to everyone that has supported us and Ella Ann. Maybe you all want to see some pictures?
I like this picture. Ella is sporting her Easter getup that her Grandma Tammy got her and laying on a blanket that my Grandma Shearhart made. One very cool aspect of this blanket - Grandma Shearhart gave a square to my Mom, each of my sisters, my Aunt Lynn, my cousins Jennifer and Rebecca, Tiffany, and kept one for herself. The instructions were to leave the square in a conspicuous place and pray with it every day. Once Ella was close to getting here, everyone gave their square back to Grandma and she attached them to the rest of the blanket that she made earlier. Then Grandma gave the blanket to my Mom, and my Mom stitched the initials of each of the "prayers" on their respective squares. It was definitely a very cool and very thoughtful gift.
In closing, I have a request. A pair of our loyal readers in the metropolis of Dodge, NE are expecting their second child in the very near future. Please keep them in your thoughts. I'll post a picture of their new addition once they (he, Norm) sends me one.


5 comments:
Yeah, pictures!:) Ella looks so cute in her easter outfit!
Thanks for posting the story of the Grandma afghan. It's a very special blanket for a very special baby!
Tiffany, you look amazing! I bet you feel good, too!
Ella's blanket from Grandma S turned out really good. I can not wait to come and see that baby!!! She is so cute, and I hate missing out on this time with her!
Jessica - do you see her slightly fishy lips in the pic of her in her Easter outfit on the blanket? We are seeing a lot of that face, and it makes me think of Amelia!
Breastfeeding is a wonderful, wonderful thing! Health benefits for baby aside, you gotta love the weight loss benefits for Mama! Tiffany - sounds like you're going to be ready for "bathing suit" season:-) Also, I am not seriously considering inducing labor early, just so I can have a sweet little thing to snuggle with. My hormones are NOT so out of whack that I would consider something like that.
Post a Comment