I have caught possums and raccoons in traps before...but never a live pig! (And may I just say "yay!" about that) But this guy does look like pork chops to me. So, I guess the proper thing to say is congratulations on your free food.
What triggers the door closing? I think I see a stick holding it open, but I can't figure out what pulls the stick out for spring to pull the door shut.
As a matter of fact, it was a button buck. You should know that Norm.
And there is a stick holding the door open. It has fishing line attached to the end nearest the outside of the trap. That line is passed through the mesh and ran alongside the outside of the trap. Then the line is passed back inside the trap, ran across the width of the trap and tied to the other side of the cage, kind of like a trip wire. Whenever something hits the line, the stick pulls out and the door slams shut. Voila.
9 comments:
I have caught possums and raccoons in traps before...but never a live pig! (And may I just say "yay!" about that) But this guy does look like pork chops to me. So, I guess the proper thing to say is congratulations on your free food.
It's about time! lol
So, do you shoot them after they are in the trap?
I gotta turn them into sausage somehow.
Nice work was it a button buck?
What triggers the door closing? I think I see a stick holding it open, but I can't figure out what pulls the stick out for spring to pull the door shut.
As a matter of fact, it was a button buck. You should know that Norm.
And there is a stick holding the door open. It has fishing line attached to the end nearest the outside of the trap. That line is passed through the mesh and ran alongside the outside of the trap. Then the line is passed back inside the trap, ran across the width of the trap and tied to the other side of the cage, kind of like a trip wire. Whenever something hits the line, the stick pulls out and the door slams shut. Voila.
I know they are pests, but I can't help but feel a little bad for the poor piggies.
Good job, Ben. I guess. I mean....that's what you wanted. But I'm with Jessica. Poor little piggies.
Post a Comment