It's not exactly hunting them, but I'm headed off tomorrow to set a hog trap on my lunch break. A coworker let me borrow the trap with the understanding that he gets a hog if we get a few. It's a pretty cool process. You find a likely spot, set the trap, dump a hundred pounds or so of corn around and in it, and when they come in they'll trip a trigger and slam the door behind them. I will take some pictures of the set tomorrow and hopefully of some big ugly hogs in the next few days.
On another note, Tiffany and I were invited to the grand opening of a Residence Inn by Marriott here in town tomorrow night. They are giving away a lot of cool prizes and will be serving prime rib from Perini's. We ate at Perini's when the folks were down and it was real good. I imagine the prime rib won't be any different. The best part is that everything is free. Hopefully we win something cool!
Also, this weekend we'll be out picking out our brick and shingle color. I bet this home building thing is going to happen a lot faster than I expect.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Brick and shingle colors...the big choices in life!
....and cabinet handles, and bathroom towel racks, and ceiling fan blades.....the list goes on and on. I'm personally glad you are getting to do this. I have never built a house myself - just had to settle for the bricks and shingles that the original owners liked!
And I DEFINITELY want to see a picture of a live wild hog. Before he or she becomes bratwurst.
Always the pessimist :) I will take some pictures for you. Hopefully we can find some pigs.
Hope you trap a whole flock of hogs! (umm...pretty sure that is incorrect terminology!) Have fun, and be sure to post lots of pictures.
Post a Comment