Ella's getting older!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jack's getting older!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hospital -- Part 2

Poor, poor Tiff. She had a booger of a time getting to sleep last night. She was finally able to catch a few winks, but woke up around 2:30 with extreme heartburn and nausea. To make matters worse, she couldn't quit shaking. The nurse gave Tiff some heartburn medicine called bicitra, but it almost immediately led to vomiting. The good news is that that Tiff felt better afterwards -- at least for a few minutes. The nausea came back and the nurse stayed with Tiff until about 4:00 doing everything she could to make her feel better. Tiff got back to sleep for an hour or so, but got up at 5:00 to get in a quick shower.

Amid the rough night of sleep, there has been plenty of good news as well. First, both of the nurses have been wonderful. Second, the day has begun. Third, Tiff is finally feeling better!

Right now, at 6:25, the Potocin is just beginning. I suppose this will trigger sure enough labor. Stay tuned for periodic updates. Fingers crossed!


5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Labor is so much fun!!! Love you guys and can't wait to see her! Tiff, you are so tiny! That baby bump is nothing. I looked like a house in the hospital! You look so good! Good luck today.

Lynn Bumgarner said...

Well, I have had pitocin, and I am pretty sure that if you have had it for an hour now, things are starting to happen! Hang in there, both of you. Tiffany,sometime later today you will think I don't know what I'm talking about, but please believe me when I tell you that it really is all worth it!
Love you both, and anxiously awaiting updates and good news!

Unknown said...

So I just about started crying....at work! I'm so happy and excited for you guys! Tiff you look great and you will do just awesome during everything. And when it's all over you won't even remember all the bad stuff. Love you! Can't wait until she's here!!

Shameka said...

Tiff you look great! So excited for y'all! :)
Can't wait to see her. Good luck! Love y'all

Mom said...

Love looking at you and savoring the "pregnant Tiffany" time - look at those skinny ankles! What the heck is THAT all about??! Love love love you all - Tiffany, I told Ben that you would hate his guts before the day is out and that he must be kind to you during that brief time. :) Waiting...anticipating.....loving you!