Ella's getting older!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Jack's getting older!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 6, 2010

35 Weeks: We Made It!

Well, its been a bumpy ride, but we made it to 35 weeks. On February 22 we went to a routine 2 week check up and ended up staying the night in the hospital. My blood pressure is a little high and Dr. Mascorro is watching the baby and I very carefully. On the upside, we have had two sonograms in the last two weeks. I am now on modified bedrest until the baby arrives. This Wednesday we met with the doctor (again) and she has decided to set an induction date of March 23rd. So, unless the baby comes on her own or my blood pressure gets worse, we will have our little bundle of joy on March 23rd. I have been instructed to be ready to go to the hospital any time I go to the doctor's office. The bag is packed and we are installing the car seat this weekend. For now, I will see Dr. Mascorro on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I will also do a 24 hour urine test and blood work once a week until delivery. For now, the goal is just to let the baby cook a little longer.


4 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the squished up face in the bottom picture! :)

Also, you should check with your local police station or highway patrol. They will generally be able to check your carseat and make sure it is installed correctly. If they don't do that, they will certainly have the information of a group that can.

We are so excited to meet Baby Neely!

Grandma and Grandpa Denton said...

Hang in there Tiffany! It will ALL be worth it when she gets here. Again, I 'll see her when she arrives! Right now she looks garbeled?! If that's a word. Wish we were all closer so we could help you pass the time. Make Ben play Uno or something with you!

Love, MOM
P.S. See you soon!

Mom said...

Thanks for the update - I feel so relieved to know you are past the 35 week point. That is how far Jessica was when she delivered Amelia, and they got to go home together! Although, a little more cooking time is definitely preferable.
Love you all!

Finian and Isabel's Mama said...

Cook baby, cook! Hang in there, and in the meantime, the blog looks wonderful! I love the makeover. It's good to see you are using your bedrest productively:-) And on the carseat note (by Jessica), the hospital in Independence, KS had an invidual on staff who was certified in car seat safety/installation. So if you aren't feeling up to hanging with the police, I'm sure a quick call to your hospital could point you in the right direction as well!