As many of you may know, I failed my last 24 hour urine test. Any number under 300 would have sent me home until Tuesday, January 24th. My protein level was 324. I have been in the hospital now for 5 nights and I have at least 4 more to go. I am currently working on another 24 hr urine test. This test is just to make sure there isn't a huge spike in the protein before delivery.
After the drama of getting my IV replaced the other night, the nurse could only get it in about half way, but by morning it was already not working. They had to call an anesthesiologist to come place my IV. She only had to stick me once, but she was all business about it. This one has stayed good, but it will have to be replaced tomorrow. Depending on how long my labor is and if I need medicine after it is over, I may have to get another IV on Thursday.
As it stands now, Dr. Sohaei will start the induction process on Tuesday. On Wednesday, she will start pitocin and depending on how that goes she may break my water. She has done 5 inductions since my admission and all of them have delivered before it got dark that day. I would be so ok with that. She also said that giving me magnesium so not an absolute given. With my labor and delivery with Ella I was on magnesium the entire time. It relaxes all your muscles and makes you kinda loopy. It also means that you have to stay in bed during your entire delivery. If my blood pressure stays in a reasonable range I won't have to have it.
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I cannot wait to meet my first nephew!!! So excited!! 2 more days!
P.S. Sorry you are miserable and having a hard time with your IV's, but I am getting a nephew this week so... Thank you!!!
Post a Comment